Rainforests

Too Much Left Undiscussed

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Educational Program

There are many groups around the world that focus on the restoration of rainforests; they also deal with protecting these rainforests. This is very positive, and I think that there should definitely be more programs and event done to educate people on how important it is to preserve these areas worldwide. Education is the first step to change. People will only be educated on topics if they allow themselves to listen to what is being said, and although this is true, I would love to have a program that focused on the importance of rainforests and the environment. This article speaks of the Dolphins Youth Club that is currently focusing on trees. I am a part of an organization whose philanthropic focus is children, but I am an very interested in holding an educational program that deals with the environment. This topic somewhat falls into the philanthropic focus of my organization because everyone, including children, are affected by the changes of the world. Although people may not be interested in this topic, I feel like it is worth a try.

No comments: